Volunteering is a great way to spend a portion of your spare time for reasons other than building your community hours. Here are 6 reasons to volunteer as a student!
- Volunteering may reduce stress & make you healthier – it enables you to focus on someone else and helping them, and positive moods strengthen the immune system.
- You can gain experience – what better a way to test out career paths?
- You meet new people – by volunteering and bringing people together, you will meet people from different backgrounds that you normally wouldn’t have met. It will also improve your teamwork skills.
- Understanding and helping your community needs be met helps foster a sense of empathy.
- You get a chance to give back – you can support community resources that you have benefitted from or that gear themselves towards issues you are passionate about. As you volunteer, you help strengthen your community.
- Whether or not it is on a grand scale, you will always be making a difference!
Have we missed any reasons? Let us know via social media!